What is a luxury, boutique travel designer?
As a boutique, luxury travel agency, we work with couples, families, and groups to remove the frustrations of trip planning and deliver unparalleled travel experiences crafted specifically to their needs, interests, and motivators. Through our affiliation with Gifted Travel Network and Virtuoso we have incomparable industry relationships that give you unparalleled access and experiences while traveling. We combine our vast destination knowledge, expertise, attention to detail, global connections, and above-and-beyond service to be your trusted resource that will help you take a “good” trip and make it an “I never wanna come home!” trip. Your only requirement? Get packing!
What do your services cost? Will working with a travel advisor cost me more?
Olive & Atlas provides luxury travel consultation and design, and the human touch required for exceptional customer service. The investment required to take advantage of these services and secure a spot on our design schedule varies based on several trip factors. The flat service fee applies towards the hours worked on a custom vacation that is one-of-a-kind to you and is, therefore, not transferable to other clients or a change in destinations. Find more info this way!
Believe it or not, the answer to the “will it cost me more” question is almost always no. More times than not, our services actually save you money. How you may ask?
- Time is money, right? And we will save you hours, days, and weeks of planning, booking, managing, and confirming the endless array of services that it takes to make a fantastic vacation.
- We have access to exclusive contracted rates and unpublished fares through our expansive global network of industry professionals and preferred partners.
- We deliver VIP service along with extra perks, amenities, and status as an independent affiliate of Gifted Travel Network, a Virtuoso® Member, who connect us to the world’s top luxury travel service providers.
What are the benefits of booking with a Travel Advisor? Let’s dig in!
- Do you value your time?
- We will take you from time-starved, stressed-out, and option-overwhelmed to confident, calm, and energized about your next vacation. As travel advisors, we cut through the clutter, field the frustrations, and delve deep to understand what motivates you and how to best spend your money and your most valuable asset – time – to have an unforgettable adventure.
- Do you appreciate thoughtful customer service?
- We will deliver exceptional service through our passionate and energetic, human-to-human approach to crafting custom vacations.
- Do you enjoy insider-access and being “in-the-know”?
- We will secure special pricing, value-add amenities, perks, upgrades, and savings of money and time through our exclusive affiliations with Gifted Travel Network and Virtuoso.
- Do you want to feel supported and worry-free on your vacation?
- We will advocate for you, always. We will leave you with a sense of confidence and calm knowing we are here for you should something go awry throughout our process or during your travel plans.
- Do you value personalized, custom travel experiences and lasting relationships?
- We will create a lifetime of Magic Moments by discovering what makes you and your companions tick, and getting an intimate sense of your travel style and what is important to you. This knowledge will grow and evolve over time as we continue to work together designing the vacations and adventures that will create the storybook of your memories.
- Do you have all the travel goals but don’t know where to begin?
- We will expand your horizons. Come to us with your ideas, your wishlists, your must-dos, and must feels. We will help you think creatively about where to go to achieve your goals and offer novel ways to discover places you’ve already been.
What is Virtuoso?
Virtuoso is the leading global network of luxury and experiential travel services. Virtuoso’s exclusive partnerships with over 1,800 of the world’s best companies ensure each advisor can deliver handcrafted, bespoke journeys for clients, elevating every trip with unique wow moments, complimentary perks and amenities, rare access, and VIP treatment. Whether you are looking for hotel-only stays, complex, multi-country itineraries, or luxury ocean and river cruises, our access to Virtuoso-only benefits will make the difference between an ordinary travel experience and an extraordinary one.
Do you recommend travel insurance?
Travel protection policies are always recommended and highly encouraged. Given the ever-changing conditions of the pandemic and Covid-19 travel requirements, all of my travelers must have some form of trip protection when traveling internationally. It is important to purchase trip protection policies within 14 days of the deposit date to ensure maximum policy benefits. Please note that clients are responsible for understanding the terms and conditions of their protection policy and we will do our best to provide travel protection quotes appropriate to your needs, such as added cancel for any reason protection.
How far out should I book?
This strongly depends on the type of trip. For example, safaris, Antarctica, and River Cruises all require longer lead times – roughly 12-18 months prior to travel – to secure ideal space and accommodations. For a typical 7+ day international vacation, we recommend planning 6-11 months in advance. If you are interested in traveling over the holidays, no time is too soon to start planning and lock in availability.
What is the best way to communicate?
Email or scheduled phone appointments work best. This way, I can ensure that all of your trip details are in one place and that I am always well-prepped and prepared for our calls to help give you time back in your day. You can find my availability anytime for scheduled calls here.
Can my trip costs be itemized?
The vast majority of our work involves crafting one-of-a-kind vacation packages that include all components of the trip, including all logistics and transportation, accommodations, and excursions and activities as agreed upon. Our partners secure and offer to us negotiated, contracted rates that are confidential to the public and are therefore unable to be itemized. If adjustments need to be made to the itinerary, we will provide you with a new price following the changes.
Do you book rental homes and villas?
While we do not work directly with all of the well-known home rental websites, we do have a vast network of vetted industry partners that specialize in villas, private residences, and unique-accommodation stays to match our clients’ needs. Many of these partners have access to the same inventory you see on the well-known sites. We only work with accredited and trusted partners to ensure quality-control and a positive client experience.
What happens if I need to cancel my trip?
We are here for you! We understand that life happens and plans may have to change for a myriad of reasons. Cancellation penalties vary by supplier and therefore, travel protection is always encouraged and recommended as a safeguard. We offer several travel insurance policies to match the needs of the client. Please note Olive & Atlas may charge a small cancel fee in the event the client chooses to cancel their trip as noted in our terms and conditions.